Sue Salthouse Leadership Fund – Call for Expressions of Interest
About the Sue Salthouse Leadership fund
The Sue Salthouse Leadership Fund was established to assist people with disability to access opportunities that build skills and experience, enhancing the representation and leadership capacity of people with disability. The fund honours the legacy of the late Sue Salthouse and recognises her hard work championing inclusion and leadership opportunities for people with disability, focusing specifically on women and girls.
The fund’s primary focus is to support people with disability to build leadership capacity, including skills and experience.
Sue Salthouse Leadership Fund Grant Round 2022 – Guidelines
In 2021, the ACT Government established the fund with an initial grant of $75,000.
For at least the next three years $10,000 is available annually to support leadership development opportunities, including attending conferences, university, mentoring, skill building courses and activating ideas that change lives.
Hands Across Canberra will administer the fund. We will work with an advisory group, comprising of Sue’s family, Women with Disabilities ACT, Advocacy for Inclusion and the Community Services Directorate who will advise and progress leadership and representation of people with disability.
Scholarships from the Sue Salthouse Leadership Fund are intended for ACT (and ACT region) people with disability.
Funding will not be provided for overseas study or travel, for completed training or expenses that have already been acquitted.
The application process will be accessible.
Some applicants may need assistance in applying. Please contact Carla Millner from Advocacy for Inclusion at email@example.com for assistance with your application.
You can apply by filling out the form on this link: https://forms.office.com/r/ezLwpXLEhg
Alternatively you can also apply by making a short video of yourself responding to the selection criteria and sending it to Krishna.firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also email Krishna.email@example.com to discuss alternative ways to apply that suit you.
You can use the questions below to frame your application.
- Tell us a little about yourself. Who you are? What are your hopes for the future?
- Tell us what you are applying for and what you intend to use the scholarship funds for example –
- development of personal and professional skills,
- specific aims
- activities that will help you achieve your objectives
- Draft timeline and proposed budget) and why you are applying for a scholarship, what or who prompted you to take this step and what it would enable you to achieve that you otherwise wouldn’t be able to?
- Share your vision for a better future for people with disabilities living in the ACT.
- How will this scholarship assist you and the community and how will we know that it has been effective?
- How much money are you seeking and on what activities will it be spent? Please specify if you will require multiple rounds of funding to sustain your idea/initiative.
Applications will be reviewed by the Sue Salthouse Leadership Fund advisory group, using the following criteria:
- Does the project adhere to the purpose of the fund to build leadership capacity, including skills and experience?
- Is the project achievable and does it have a realistic project budget?
- Are there meaningful indicators of success?
- How will the project benefit to the individual and community?
Applicants may receive a telephone call and/or other type of communication from Hands Across Canberra or advisory group member as part of the proposal review process.
Applicants will be informed of the selection outcomes within one month of their application closing, unless deemed urgent.
Non-successful applicants will receive feedback on their submissions in order to support future scholarship applications.
The deadline for applications is 8th October 2022, Saturday at 11:59 PM
|Hands Across Canberra||Krishna Shukla – Communications and Partnerships Managerfirstname.lastname@example.org|