The Little Pantry is an emergency food relief service run by Woden Community Service (WCS). It is a place people can go in times of need. An initiative between WCS and the combined Lyons Churches, The Little Pantry runs by donations and provides people in need with an emergency pack of non-perishable food and personal items. Donations can be made by: arranging a delivery from a supermarket of non-perishable food and personal items for those in need ; making a tax-deductible monetary donation on our website. 100 per cent of your donation will go directly to the purchasing of these items.
- Woden Community Service (WCS) is a regional community service established in 1969 by the people of Woden Valley. WCS has been growing for more than 50 years and now provides an extensive range of high quality, integrated and inclusive programs and services to our local communities. We help a range of people in need from all age groups, including (and not limited to), pre-school, primary school, youth, family, community, mental health, disability and aged care.
- WCS’s purpose is to build connected communities and enrich people’s lives. We are guided by our values of inclusion, compassion, hope, social justice, integrity and responsiveness.
- The Little Pantry sits within WCS’s purpose and values by supporting those in the ACT community who need assistance with emergency food relief and 100 per cent of all donations to The Little Pantry go directly to purchasing supplies for those in need.
- Please see our website for more information about The Little Pantry and other services WCS provides.
- WCS also has a wonderful group of volunteers who assist WCS connecting with the community, including supporting The Little Pantry with packing and distribution. Find out more by emailing: email@example.com.